Kloppmann vs Amber

Seite 1 von 1
Verfasst am:

Kloppmann vs Amber

Hi, I'm Marco and I'm italian. Happy easter to everyone!
For me is really difficult write here because I don't speak deutch but only a little bit english.

Probably this question is old but with automatic translator I can't understand nothing on old discussions.

I have a set of Kloppmann ST 67 and after so many strat sets from a lot of builders I have found the "perfect" set for me. Kloppmann strat pickup's are really awesome in my opinion and I'm very happy with this sets.

Now I'd get two sets of pickups: PAF and P90 for my two Les Paul and I'm undecided between Kloppmann or Amber pickups.

Why could I change builder? Because I have read that kloppmann single coil are better that hb/p90 pickups and because Amber are cheaper than Kloppmann. Furthermore I can see that Florian Jaeger uses Kloppmann for single coil and Amber for hb/p90 pickups.

I play with Hiwatt amp, some pedals and I love crisp and clear sound from a Les Paul like mike bloomfield ones: the classic tele on steroids sound. So I prefer low wind PAF like Kloppmann 1958 or Amber Spirit of 59.

Is there someone that have tried this pickups?

Thanks for your help

Marco

PS: in the past I have had Leosound and Barfuss pickups too, but are only good pickups, not awesome for me.
Verfasst am:

RE: Kloppmann vs Amber

Can't say anything about the Kloppmann humbuckers as I never played them. However, I have a set of Amber Spirits of 59 in my historic Les Paul and they do exactly what you're looking for: tele on steroids and all the rest you'd expect.
I also have a set of Amber 59 Crosspoint pups, but they're a different animal. I think you find what you're looking for in the Spirit of 59 pups.

Regards
Gino
Verfasst am:

Gino schrieb:
Can't say anything about the Kloppmann humbuckers as I never played them. However, I have a set of Amber Spirits of 59 in my historic Les Paul and they do exactly what you're looking for: tele on steroids and all the rest you'd expect.
I also have a set of Amber 59 Crosspoint pups, but they're a different animal. I think you find what you're looking for in the Spirit of 59 pups.

Regards
Gino

Thanks Gino!!

Can you describe Crosspoint pups?
Verfasst am:

The crosspoints have a higher output than the Spirit of 59 pups. Also, the 59s in both positions feature Alnico 5 magnets, while the crosspoint neck pup features an Alnico 2 magnet.
Here's what Wolfgang Damm, the guy who makes the Amber pups wrote to me upon my request:
"All my humbuckers are defined by an open and dynamic tone. The differences between the different pickups are not huge, it's basically always a PAF-tone.

Classic Standard neck: underwound, very clear (but still PAF!)
Classic Rock bridge: overwound, snotty, dynamic, singing.
59 Crosspoint neck: similar to Classic Standard, a little more output.
59 Crosspoint bridge: a little louder than Classic Rock because of the Alnico 5 magnet and also somewhat tighter.
S-of-59 neck: a little fatter than Crosspoint, nevertheless clear, a little jazzier.
S-of-59 bridge: not as much output as Standard and Crosspoint, but with a wonderful warmth when overdriven."

To me, the Crosspoints sound beefier, a little more midrange.

Hope that helps.

BTW: My Crosspoint set might be up for sale...

Greetings to Italy

Gino
Verfasst am:

Gino schrieb:
The crosspoints have a higher output than the Spirit of 59 pups. Also, the 59s in both positions feature Alnico 5 magnets, while the crosspoint neck pup features an Alnico 2 magnet.
Here's what Wolfgang Damm, the guy who makes the Amber pups wrote to me upon my request:
"All my humbuckers are defined by an open and dynamic tone. The differences between the different pickups are not huge, it's basically always a PAF-tone.

Classic Standard neck: underwound, very clear (but still PAF!)
Classic Rock bridge: overwound, snotty, dynamic, singing.
59 Crosspoint neck: similar to Classic Standard, a little more output.
59 Crosspoint bridge: a little louder than Classic Rock because of the Alnico 5 magnet and also somewhat tighter.
S-of-59 neck: a little fatter than Crosspoint, nevertheless clear, a little jazzier.
S-of-59 bridge: not as much output as Standard and Crosspoint, but with a wonderful warmth when overdriven."

To me, the Crosspoints sound beefier, a little more midrange.

Hope that helps.

BTW: My Crosspoint set might be up for sale...

Greetings to Italy

Gino

Hi Gino, from this description seems that S of 59 neck is the fatter neck that Damm built, but from the Greg video seems that S of 59 is snappier and clear in comparison to Crossroad.
Verfasst am:

Marco,

from my experience with both, the S.o.59 neck pup sounds definitely a bit fatter, which is probably due to the difference in magnet material - Alnico 5 vs. Alnico 2 (BTW: you meant the Amber Crosspoint, did you, not the WCR Crossroads??)

And then, Gregor Hilden is a very nice player and has a nice tone, but, as has been stated on this forum before, he kinda always sounds the same, no matter what he's playing...

Greetings
Gino
Verfasst am:

Gino schrieb:
Marco,

from my experience with both, the S.o.59 neck pup sounds definitely a bit fatter, which is probably due to the difference in magnet material - Alnico 5 vs. Alnico 2 (BTW: you meant the Amber Crosspoint, did you, not the WCR Crossroads??)

And then, Gregor Hilden is a very nice player and has a nice tone, but, as has been stated on this forum before, he kinda always sounds the same, no matter what he's playing...

Greetings
Gino

Yes sorry I mean Crosspoint, not Crossroad!!

And yes with Greg all the stuff sound the same!

PS: are your crosspoint covered or without cover? relic or new? Price?
Alle Zeiten sind GMT + 1 Stunde
Du kannst keine Beiträge in dieses Forum schreiben.
Du kannst auf Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht antworten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht bearbeiten.
Du kannst deine Beiträge in diesem Forum nicht löschen.
Du kannst an Umfragen in diesem Forum nicht mitmachen.