Kloppmann vs Amber

A

Anonymous

Hi, I'm Marco and I'm italian. Happy easter to everyone!
For me is really difficult write here because I don't speak deutch but only a little bit english.

Probably this question is old but with automatic translator I can't understand nothing on old discussions.

I have a set of Kloppmann ST 67 and after so many strat sets from a lot of builders I have found the "perfect" set for me. Kloppmann strat pickup's are really awesome in my opinion and I'm very happy with this sets.

Now I'd get two sets of pickups: PAF and P90 for my two Les Paul and I'm undecided between Kloppmann or Amber pickups.

Why could I change builder? Because I have read that kloppmann single coil are better that hb/p90 pickups and because Amber are cheaper than Kloppmann. Furthermore I can see that Florian Jaeger uses Kloppmann for single coil and Amber for hb/p90 pickups.

I play with Hiwatt amp, some pedals and I love crisp and clear sound from a Les Paul like mike bloomfield ones: the classic tele on steroids sound. So I prefer low wind PAF like Kloppmann 1958 or Amber Spirit of 59.

Is there someone that have tried this pickups?

Thanks for your help

Marco

PS: in the past I have had Leosound and Barfuss pickups too, but are only good pickups, not awesome for me.

Can't say anything about the Kloppmann humbuckers as I never played them. However, I have a set of Amber Spirits of 59 in my historic Les Paul and they do exactly what you're looking for: tele on steroids and all the rest you'd expect.
I also have a set of Amber 59 Crosspoint pups, but they're a different animal. I think you find what you're looking for in the Spirit of 59 pups.

Regards
Gino

Gino schrieb:
Can't say anything about the Kloppmann humbuckers as I never played them. However, I have a set of Amber Spirits of 59 in my historic Les Paul and they do exactly what you're looking for: tele on steroids and all the rest you'd expect.
I also have a set of Amber 59 Crosspoint pups, but they're a different animal. I think you find what you're looking for in the Spirit of 59 pups.

Regards
Gino

Thanks Gino!! :)

Can you describe Crosspoint pups?

The crosspoints have a higher output than the Spirit of 59 pups. Also, the 59s in both positions feature Alnico 5 magnets, while the crosspoint neck pup features an Alnico 2 magnet.
Here's what Wolfgang Damm, the guy who makes the Amber pups wrote to me upon my request:
"All my humbuckers are defined by an open and dynamic tone. The differences between the different pickups are not huge, it's basically always a PAF-tone.

Classic Standard neck: underwound, very clear (but still PAF!)
Classic Rock bridge: overwound, snotty, dynamic, singing.
59 Crosspoint neck: similar to Classic Standard, a little more output.
59 Crosspoint bridge: a little louder than Classic Rock because of the Alnico 5 magnet and also somewhat tighter.
S-of-59 neck: a little fatter than Crosspoint, nevertheless clear, a little jazzier.
S-of-59 bridge: not as much output as Standard and Crosspoint, but with a wonderful warmth when overdriven."

To me, the Crosspoints sound beefier, a little more midrange.

Hope that helps.

BTW: My Crosspoint set might be up for sale...

Greetings to Italy

Gino

Gino schrieb:
The crosspoints have a higher output than the Spirit of 59 pups. Also, the 59s in both positions feature Alnico 5 magnets, while the crosspoint neck pup features an Alnico 2 magnet.
Here's what Wolfgang Damm, the guy who makes the Amber pups wrote to me upon my request:
"All my humbuckers are defined by an open and dynamic tone. The differences between the different pickups are not huge, it's basically always a PAF-tone.

Classic Standard neck: underwound, very clear (but still PAF!)
Classic Rock bridge: overwound, snotty, dynamic, singing.
59 Crosspoint neck: similar to Classic Standard, a little more output.
59 Crosspoint bridge: a little louder than Classic Rock because of the Alnico 5 magnet and also somewhat tighter.
S-of-59 neck: a little fatter than Crosspoint, nevertheless clear, a little jazzier.
S-of-59 bridge: not as much output as Standard and Crosspoint, but with a wonderful warmth when overdriven."

To me, the Crosspoints sound beefier, a little more midrange.

Hope that helps.

BTW: My Crosspoint set might be up for sale...

Greetings to Italy

Gino

Hi Gino, from this description seems that S of 59 neck is the fatter neck that Damm built, but from the Greg video seems that S of 59 is snappier and clear in comparison to Crossroad.

Marco,

from my experience with both, the S.o.59 neck pup sounds definitely a bit fatter, which is probably due to the difference in magnet material - Alnico 5 vs. Alnico 2 (BTW: you meant the Amber Crosspoint, did you, not the WCR Crossroads??)

And then, Gregor Hilden is a very nice player and has a nice tone, but, as has been stated on this forum before, he kinda always sounds the same, no matter what he's playing...

Greetings
Gino

Gino schrieb:
Marco,

from my experience with both, the S.o.59 neck pup sounds definitely a bit fatter, which is probably due to the difference in magnet material - Alnico 5 vs. Alnico 2 (BTW: you meant the Amber Crosspoint, did you, not the WCR Crossroads??)

And then, Gregor Hilden is a very nice player and has a nice tone, but, as has been stated on this forum before, he kinda always sounds the same, no matter what he's playing...

Greetings
Gino

Yes sorry I mean Crosspoint, not Crossroad!! :lol:

And yes with Greg all the stuff sound the same!

PS: are your crosspoint covered or without cover? relic or new? Price?

Beliebte Themen

ZurĂĽck
Oben Unten