Hoyer 5069s, need info

A

Anonymous

Hi!
First thing: I'm really sorry if i put this topic into wrong subforum and sorry, i don't understand German but i really need ur help.

I need some more informations about Hoyer 5069s. It's neck thru/string
thru, flying V shaped guitar with DiMarzio humbuckers. Unfortunetly,
neck was repainted few months ago and there's no serial number.
Can you please tell me what could be year of production, maybe it's
price when it was new, wood type etc. Anything you know, any info woud
bi really appreciated.
Here's some links to guitars pictures:
http://subvultures.com/mislav/hoyer.rar

Please write in english. I'll check this forum but if u want you can send me also an email with any info at eva00rei9[at]gmail.com

Thanks

Mislav
Zagreb/Croatia

Hi,

i can't say much for the year this Hoyer was built, probably 1970s or 80s.
Hoyers were in the upper price range, often nearly as expensive as Gibsons (but much better quality) or even more expensive.
Hoyer electric guitars of the 70s/80s were made in germany and are famous for excellent craftmanship and very good woods.
I'd tend to compare 70s/80s Hoyers with Gibson or PRS custom shop guitars.
This V is probaly made of maple and mahogani, the stripe in the middle could be walnut. But i am not sure.

Today i guess you have t opay at least 700-800 Euro for such a Hoyer V in good condition. But thats a very fair price, because it is hard to get such great guitars (new or used) for such a price.
It seems that international collectors haven't discovered Hoyer yet, so prices are still good (in relation to the very high quality and the rareness).

Bye & happy new year
Stef / NdM

I think that this Hoyer was built in 1975 or '76. Previous owner said that it was built in early 70's but I read somewhere that early 70's Hoyers weren't neck/string thru.
My Hoyer has 2 dimarzios, one alnico, one ceramic. I suppose that ceramic one is super distortion. Alnico was handwired. I changed the positions so the alnico one is on bridge and ceramic is on neck. It sounds fantastic.
There are 3 pots (2volume, 1 tone) and 2 switches (position and phase).
Guitar is in perfect condition, almost without a scratch.

Night, thanks for the info. It helped a lot. ;-)

doow":1tvci5y8 schrieb:
Magman":1tvci5y8 schrieb:
Hi Mislav,
see here, this is my rare Hoyer Flying Vee in best condition:
http://www.guitarworld.de/gwpages/gear, ... 069-s.html

not for sale ;-)

bluesy regards :cool:

wow, it's beutiful. Are all parts original or u changed something?
I love the gold trusrod cover.
Do you konow where could i get this kind of bridge, new?

This Guitar is in original condition. The golden trusrod cover is selfmade.
The bridge is a part from Schaller/Germany. I don't know if you can still get it.

Hello Mislav,

Norbert Schnepel at the Musikkeller is an expert for german guitars.
He is kind and helpful, so if you have any questions unanswered regarding this guitar, he should be able to help.

All the best,
Woody

Beliebte Themen

ZurĂĽck
Oben Unten